Advertising

Monday, August 16, 2010

Welcome to... the Gnafia

So I'll admit it. I got bored. So, to combat my boredom I have created a blog. Now you, too, can follow me as I try and combat my boredom to improve my overall state of mind!

A little about me...

I'm an ENSIGN in the United States Navy. I'm currently stationed in San Diego, California, on limited duty. I just got back from Japan in June with my beautiful wife. We have a one-year old doxle puppy named Sadie. She is absolutely adorable and loves to play, but also likes to bite. We're working on it.

I believe in goals and missions, so I'm going to outline the overall mission of this blog first and foremost: I have a LOT of free time while on Limited Duty, so I'm going to do my best to make the most of it. Preferably cheaply, given the current economy. I'm usually pretty frugal, so if a lot of my posts are about being cheap and how to be cheap (but hopefully still classy) then so be it. I'll throw in some random rants, too, because I like ranting. So this will just be a place for me to set goals and missions, share experiences and other tips, and overall be a source of entertainment for members of the Gnafia.

Just to answer any questions about the 'gnome fetish': I play a lot of fantasy RPG's. Ever since about 2004, when my childhood favorite MUD introduced two new races of gnomes, I've absolutely loved the little guys. I tend to root for the smaller, under-powered, under-privileged, yet highly intelligent and agile gnomes because they're almost always the underdog. How many times have YOU played a game and gone, "Oh man! Gnomes are the BEST!" In World of Warcraft, there are any number of better races to play on the Alliance side (yes, I was a gnome when I played WoW), and it rings true in every other game I've ever played. If you happen to know of a game where Gnome's don't blatantly suck, please let me know. Until then, any gnome-fan knows that within the gnomish gnooks, the only way to survive is to band together. This particular band... is the Lawn Gnome Gnafia.

To quote my favorite USMC Gunnery Sergeant, "Keep it in the Family."

3 comments:

  1. You are off and running, are you going to blog on really good deals in the SD area?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite deals in San Diego: http://www.yelp.com/biz/closet-san-diego

    but Faith might like them more than Ryan :P

    ReplyDelete