Advertising

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dystopia of the Mind

Greetings Gnafia,

I realize it's been a week since my last post. I'll have you know that I don't care. I'll post when I darn well feel like it, and either you like it or you don't.

I've returned to hit-or-miss sleeping habits. Saturday I was instructed to discontinue use of one of my medications due to hallucinations. Nothing overly serious, but the decision was made to maintain the peace of mind of both my wife and my dog. For those of you that don't know this yet, dogs generally do not appreciate having socks put on them. It does not matter to them if you think they will fall through the floor otherwise, dogs do not like wearing socks. I wonder if their feet ever get cold?

If you're concerned about the topic of today's post, don't be. It's an exaggeration. Though there are times it feels very much like the truth. The thoughts that seemingly appear out of nowhere, the shifts in moods that don't have a lot of rhyme or reason, and everything inbetween can be very exhausting. There's a certain appeal to losing yourself in an alternate reality. Whether that is in a book, through your XBox 360, with a group of people, or my personal favorite of a text-based adventure, after spending most of my day in my own head it's a delight to escape to the head of someone else that I've created.

On another random topic, my wife is looking for a job. She's applied for a few, and hasn't heard anything back. I suspect this is the whole 'The economy sucks' bit I keep reading on the news. Fair enough. Right now we're a one-automobile family, and soon I may be in the market for another mode of transportation. A motorcycle, perhaps. The public transportation in San Diego sucks, so it's unlikely I will use that. Maybe I can find someone near me to carpool with. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, it's nice to have furniture. It looks like a bomb exploded in our apartment, but at least we have a place to sit. Sleeping in a bed is also a nice change from an air matress. Taco pie is on the menu once again thanks to having our Pyrex glass 13"x9" pan. Yes indeed, the quality of life is on the up and up. If only I remember to get an HDMI cable and Oreo's tonight on my way home from work.

Keep it in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment