Advertising

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Just another Thursday...

Greetings Gnafia,

You'll have to forgive my lack of posting this last week. I've found myself rather devoid of energy, motivation, and a host of other things important for getting work done. It happens.

You have to enjoy morning when you wake up, think that it's Wednesday, find some small glimmer of happiness that maybe things are starting to look up and this can be the day that you start to get everything in order, only to have it come crashing down when your spouse say, "Wait a minute, it's Thursday."

Damn.

So much for that idea.

I've noticed something about doctors in the Navy. They have a tendancy to not diagnose you due to the career rammifications of such a diagnosis. So in essence you end up with an improper diagnosis, with or without the right treatment, just so something unfavorable doesn't happen. In some cases, perhapes this is the best route to go, no doubt. Doc on USS LASTSHIP definately did his best to try and make it happen, and I am very grateful for it! But this trend keeps popping up. I'll continue to do more research, but I'm not entirely convinced that what little treatment I've been getting is either effective or entirely appropriate. Though, as my mother recently shared with me, "You are your own best advocate when it comes to your healthcare." So true mother, so true.

On a slightly happier note, this week I recieved my first freebie. A 2.75 oz bag of Cheetos. Their suggested retail price is $0.99. I don't know if I would have otherwise purchased said Cheetos, so it's a great thing they came as a sample. When my wife and I tear into the bag as part of a game-induced binge fest, I'll let you know how they are. The flavor of them is Rajin' Cajun & Cool Ranch. Interesting combination. Hopefully things keep trickling in, with an occasional 'Holy crap this feels like Christmas' day of many things arriving at once.

Cheers, and as always, keep it in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment