Advertising

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

No Stopping THIS Steamroller!

You know, it's a refreshing change to wake up at 0600, wide awake and ready to kick some ass and take names. Saturday I did so and did a boatload of dishes, picked up the house, and even made eggs and toast. Sunday I did so again, and didn't quite get that much accomplished but mostly puttered around having fun. Monday I went back to bed around 1030 because I was cuddling with the dog. This morning I got up at 0700 because I was cuddling with the dog. So! The simple fact of the matter is if I want to get up and be awesome, I should probably keep the dog locked up until I'm ready to go. Heh, sorry Sadie.

This weekend was a much needed reprieve from my normal, depressed self. I'm enjoying the energy, enthusiasm, and motivation to do things. I feel awesome. I could probably go to a ship right now and fix their Safety issues without batting an eyelash, AND go through a SWO Board and pass without going to SWOS. Just to show them.

I also went for a run yesterday with the dog. Fantastic. Probably going to do that again tonight. But for now, I need to figure out lunch. Mmm, lunch.

Speaking of dogs, Sadie is one ridiculously intelligent dog. She's driven by a crazy motivation to steal food. She'll knock things over to climb up on them to get over the barricades we set up to keep her within the living room. She'l get tuna cans out of the recycling to get the tasty morsels of tuna out of them. I'm not sure I've ever had a dog who was so brilliant, and I think she knows it. At least she acts like she knows she's brilliant. We've had no problems teaching and reinforcing tricks, like rolling over and shaking. We're still working on the barking issue, but mostly she seems to bark at activity in the hallway. She's just very protective, I think.

For those of you wondering, Sadie is a beagle/daschund mix. A doxle is the AKC breed name. She's absolutely adorable, loves to snuggle and take naps, chase lights on the wall, go for runs and play at the dog park. She doesn't fetch things very well, but will stand over them as if she's found them. One of the best dogs ever.

Keep it in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment