Advertising

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Nostalgia

Greetings Gnafia,

Today I'm here to blog about nostalgia. What brings up this pseudo-random topic? Well, itself of course! I spent the entire lunch hour today discussing LEGO's of all things with a co-worker. I have some very fond memories of LEGOs when I was a child, and other not-so-fond memories where I'd like to go back and punch myself in the face and tell myself to stop being such an idiot. So, as part of this tribute I'd like to thank my parents and my siblings especially for putting up with me as a younger child. I'm sure my antics weren't appreciated, but I greatly appreciate you all putting up with me and helping me get to where I am today.

There is definately a place in a Man Cave for a work bench. I almost feel that any person who has a Man Cave and played with LEGOs as a child ought to have a healthy nostalgia for those little building bricks and of course include them in their holiest of shrines to all things manly. Of course, there shouldn't be anything wrong with going over to a friend's house and bringing a 6-pack of Leinenkugel's and engineering some sort of LEGO contraption. But there is that precept that you're playing with children's toys. To that I say, "I believe the box says '14+', and I am postive I fall into the '+' category!"

Now, if you have something you are particularily nostalgic about, I encourage you to leave a comment. It can be from your childhood, your children's childhood, or something that happened this morning, because I'm nostalgic about my dog whenever I'm not at home with her and my wife. Speaking of dog's, we had a dog as a kid named Cisco. Cisco was a great dog. Hooray for nostalgia!

Keep it in the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment