Advertising

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Why I Hate Daylight Saving's Time

So we just rolled back our clocks. Not a big deal. My sleep schedule is pretty solid, pass out around 10:30~11:00, wake up around 5:30. Easy day. Even with an extra hour of sleep, or losing that hour of sleep, I have no qualms with. What I do dislike is how it doesn't reset my internal hunger clock. So it was 9:30 am and I was hungry as heck. Like a hungry-hungry hippo, I wanted to gobble down everything in sight. I would feel awkward and wrong saying, "Hey guys, I need food." plus I would be disobeying the first rule of resetting your internal hunger clock - don't give in!

Fortunately time has passed, and I'm still very very hungry (and will be enjoying a delicious Subway Sandwich, because that sounds fantastic right now. If only I could get it for free...) but at least I can chuck deuces for lunch and not feel like a slacker moreso than I already do.

Other reasons I hate daylight savings time -- it's now light in the morning and dark in the afternoon. I hate that. I don't want it to be 5:30 in the afternoon and the sun is setting and by 6:30 it's pitch black! That's like Wisconsin time-stuff! (Oh, the memories of walking down the frigid driveway at 4:00 in the afternoon and the sun was setting... I miss snow, too) Instead, I want it to be light when it should be light out (~6:30 am to about 8:00 pm, every day) and dark the rest of the time. Do I need to move to the equator to do that? Do people who live in perpetual sunlight lead happier lives since dark-time people are depressed?

Well, that sandwich calls. Mmmmm, Subway.

Keep it in the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment